Lead Front-End Developer — Jamstack
How&How are looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our digital team in Lisbon as the lead developer in our team.
Working closely with the digital producer, digital designers and the marketing team, you will be maintaining existing web builds & building new websites. Weaving branding into every element of the user experience.
*This job has the opportunity to work remotely
Salary: €65,000 per annum
Who you are
- You have the technical abilities to bring websites from concept to the final polished product and ensure we deliver a consistent experience
- You consider the perspective of the user and company, when proposing new ideas. Why we do something is just as important as what we do
- You're a creative and driven developer. Taking great pride in the quality of the work you produceYou are able to get under the skin of clients issues, and ensure user experience is at the front of everything you do
- Working closely with the digital producer, digital designers and the marketing team continually to review and improve Frontend Delivery.
- Ensuring the project team have the right standards, processes, and tools in place to deliver high quality work
- Developing fast and safe websites & progressive web apps (jamstack based)
- Developing beautiful, award-winning websites with React
- Building successful frontends for web and mobile with React.js for our clients
- Developing web-based interface that have reusable components, and are both functional and highly-responsive
- Commercially experienced in developing interfaces using React.js (min. 5 years)
- Experienced with Static Site Generators, like Next.js & Gatsby
- Integrating Headless CMS (like Prismic, ContentFul or others) with Jamstack sites
- Integrating 3rd party applications into font-end websites using API
- Creating complex CSS animations
- Working with GIT in commercial projects
- Proficient in English - both in writing and speaking
- Familiar with good coding habits: good naming, testable functions, readable code & writing clean and easily maintainable code
- Extreme attention to detail
— Additional tools are a big plus
— Curious about brands and the positive impact they can have on the world
— Comfortable engaging with the strategic dimension of our work
— Articulate, confident and assertive in presenting work
— Strong creative instincts and willingness to push further through experimentation
— Ambitious self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity
— Extreme attention to detail and a pro-active strategic thinker
What we offer
- Working for an English-speaking company in Lisbon, part of a dynamic team of international professionals
- Based in beautiful Second Home Lisboa above the Time Out Market. Working among 1,000 plants. Resident membership with all the perks. Second Home Member access to the cultural programme of talks and social events. Member access to all Second Home workspaces in both London and Hollywood.
- Personal iMac
- Free coffee and refreshments
- Free beers every Friday at the Second Home members bar
- Help and advice on tax, accounts in Portugal
- Huge potential to grow and move up in your role. We are a fast-growing team, with big ambitions for ourselves and anyone up for changing it up and moving to Portugal
- Agency Growth Plan with the option to explore elements of your practice on "play" days
- 22 Days holiday (excluding Portuguese Bank Holidays)
One of the core principles of “leftright” thinking at How&How is equality. This applies to equality in our workforce too. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to diversity and inclusion. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Our mission is to grow our team with the best thinkers, most talented creatives and most curious minds — no matter their background or discipline. This role may be for a designer — but we are always looking for the person, not the job description. If you feel you’d like to join our team, we’d love to hear from you. You may be exactly what we are looking for... we just don’t know it yet.